We all want to learn the quickest and easiest way to do anything. Even more so when you need to lose weight — everyone wants to do so as quickly as possible. But is it not dangerous to lose more a pound a week? If it’s not dangerous, are you willing to try it?
Actually, looking at the research, I don’t see any real downsides to losing weight quickly. It doesn’t seem to mean that you will gain it back any quicker. I know this sounds really surprising, in my studies I was always taught that it’s better to lose weight slower as this is safer and will lead to gaining any weight that you gain back slower too… But science does not support that. It actually shows almost the opposite — people who lose weight faster, such as two to three pounds per week, get more motivated and keep going in the their fat lost program without breaking it.
So how can you lose weight fast? Here’s some tips that might help you get started. Some may sound very obvious, but they’re still easy to forget!
- Eat less often.
- Eat mindfully, without any distractions such as playing with your phone, talking, or watching TV.
- Start cooking more and prepping your own meals.
- If you know some foods that trigger your hunger, don’t keep them in your home
- Eat as few calories as possible. Yes, you read that correctly! For a short time in your diet, which can be anywhere from 3–4 weeks, try to eat nutrient dense and low calorie food as much as possible. Examples include eggs, fruits and veggies.
- After 4 weeks on this diet give yourself 3 days of eating normally. This will help you to take control of your metabolism, and to prevent adaptation.
- Then… start your diet again.
- Practice 20 to 24 hours fasting one or two times per week.
- Always remind yourself why you are choosing to do this.
- Don’t stress about your workouts. Yes, that’s right — you don’t want to give more stress in your system. Although you certainly can still be active during the day.
- The human body is amazing, I don’t think we will ever fully understand it, but if you give your body less stress and be a friend with your body then it will you a very friendly answer. Always remember that this is a lifetime journey, but you must start it at some point. The quicker the better…
Let me know how it goes!